Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lakeland Habitat in VietNam – Day Four!

Day 4 of the work week and Becky and I are stiff in places we did not know we had! It has been very cold and the 1 mile we walk to the work site after the bus can go no further seems to have grown to at least 5 miles. The people here are so poor and so kind to us.
We are building with block and I never realized how heavy blocks get the more you lift. President Carter and Rosalynn Carter were at the work site yesterday and came to our house for a photo.
When I first came to our house and saw Lakeland on the sign as the sponsor of this house, I cannot tell you how my heart felt like it would burst. It is so humbling to be able to help this family.We are building 32 houses this week in the village. All the children know how to say hello and they call out to us as we are walking down the dirt road to our site.
I will try to write again, but by the time we get back to the hotel and have dinner, we are asleep very early because we need to leave in the morning by 6:30 AM and anyone who knows me knows if I have to get up at5:30 in the morning everyday, it is not a pretty picture!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment